Who We Are
The Maier Law Group (MLG) (www.maierlawgroup.com) is a boutique law firm that focuses on employment and data privacy and security law for biotech, high-tech, and emerging companies. We also conduct workplace investigations. We are five women lawyers who are committed to lawyering mindfully. We have an office in Corte Madera, CA, but generally work from home and have clients all over the Bay Area.
Whom We Seek
MLG seeks a self-motivated, detail-oriented, and experienced paralegal/legal secretary to assist with employment litigation matters. This position is ideal for someone who performs freelance paralegal/legal secretary services and seeks intermittent hourly work that can be performed remotely. The amount of work will vary from week to week, depending on that week’s litigation needs.
Our ideal candidate must be able to work independently but also function as a hands-on team player who can meet and stay on top of deadlines.
Other qualifications include:
- Bachelor's degree and/or paralegal certification.
- Knowledge of Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Google Docs, Google Sheets, and Google Calendar is required.
- Knowledge of and experience with File & ServeXpress.
- Knowledge of Adobe Acrobat Pro and legal client management software a plus.
- Civil litigation experience in California state and federal court is required. Experience with employment litigation is strongly preferred.
What the Job Entails
Job duties include:
- Assisting with discovery and discovery responses for civil litigation matters;
- Filing matters in state and federal court;
- Managing litigation calendars and proactively assisting attorneys in complying with local rules and deadlines;
- Formatting, editing, and writing documents.
How to Apply
These are required steps to apply for this position:
- Email your resume to Suji@MaierLawGroup.com.
- Title the subject line of your email: MLG Paralegal/Legal Secretary Application.
- Provide in the text of your email a brief explanation of why you believe you are a good fit for this position, including your experience as a litigation paralegal or litigation legal secretary.
- Include in your resume (or email) the names and contact information for at least three professional references.
- Include in your application your desired hourly compensation rate.