September 28, 2018
8.30am - 9.00am
9.00am - 9.15am
9.15am - 10.15am
James Baraz: Cultivating Joy in Everyday Life
10.15am - 10.30am
10.30am - 11.15am
Judi Cohen: Lawyering with Joy Joy
11.15am - 11.50am
11.50am - 12.00pm
12.00pm - 1.00pm
1.00pm - 1.45pm
Steve Rosenberg: Constructive Tools for Managing Conflict
1.45pm - 2.30pm
2.30pm - 2.45pm
2.45pm - 3.45pm
Panel Discussion on Transforming Suffering into Joy
3.45pm - 4.00pm
Join us for a day of dedicated programming on how lawyers can find happiness in the law. Thanks to our generous sponsors, you can take advantage of discounted registration for only $79.00 until August 15, 2018 (unless the conference fills sooner). This early bird fee (regular fee: $95.00) includes a full day of conference, CLE credit, lunch, snacks, coffee, and refreshments. Enjoy joyful camaraderie with like-minded people. Learn, share, re-charge with speakers like:
James Baraz is an author, meditation teacher, and leader of the globally-recognized course Awakening Joy, the inspiration behind the Joy in the Law conference. James will speak on Cultivating Joy in Everyday Life.
Judi Cohen teaches mindfulness, effectiveness, wellbeing, and leadership skills to lawyers. Judi will speak on Lawyering With Joy.
Steve Rosenberg is a state of California and nationwide leader in mediation and conflict resolution. He will speak on Constructive Tools for Managing Conflict.
Panel Discussion on Transforming Suffering into Joy. Panelists to be announced.
Here's what others have said about our 2016 conference:
"Wonderful concept with amazing panelists."
"One of the best professional conferences I have ever attended."
"Thank you for an amazing conference. I can’t tell you how great the day was."
"A fantastic day. I laughed and cried."
What Every Employment Attorney Should Know About Workplace Investigations
WEDNESDAY, OCTOBER 4, 2017
This presentation will explore the issues of scope, ethics, attorney-client privilege and the distinct roles played by investigators, in-house attorneys, outside counsel and plaintiffs' attorneys when conducting, directing, advising and/or representing parties in workplace investigations.
Presented by Brittny Bottorff.
The Palo Alto Area Bar Association
Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati
601 Page Mill Road, Ellipse 1B
Palo Alto, CA 94306
Registration is now closed.
Protecting Your Life Sciences Company From
the Top 5 Data Privacy and Security Threats
In this free workshop you will:
- Assess and remedy your organization's data privacy vulnerabilities.
- Learn how to solve the unique privacy risks faced by life science companies.
- Craft an effective solution for mitigating data breaches and enforcement actions.
- Increase your expertise on key areas of data security and privacy.
- Discover new legal developments and how enforcement could impact your organization.
Presented by Diana Maier, Data Privacy and Cyber Security Expert.
“Diana is really an expert on this topic. Not only did I learn a lot, the assessment helped me spot a huge hole in our data privacy scheme.”
- General Counsel, Biotech Company
Ideal Audience: In-house counsel or outside attorneys advising life sciences companies, life sciences executives and management, and those wanting a primer on today’s top issues in data privacy and cyber security.
Earn One California CLE Credit!
Here is some of what you will learn during this online workshop:
- How to assess your organization’s data privacy vulnerabilities and how to remedy those exposures
- How to safely and legally conduct data transfers from the EU to the U.S.
- How to implement the privacy best practices that avoid HIPAA enforcement actions
- The top 5 data security areas that cause problems for life sciences companies
- The new EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and its impact on life sciences companies
- What you need to know about how the FTC, OCR, and Attorneys General are enforcing laws around health data
This webinar provides an excellent primer on the basics of data privacy and security law and practices and how their enforcement is negatively affecting life sciences companies.
Join us and learn the best practices of data privacy and security and how to protect your company from data breeches and enforcement actions.
COMPLETE A DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITY ASSESSMENT
During the workshop, you will complete an assessment of your company's risks and vulnerabilities and leave with a "Risk Scorecard".